WSET Level 2 Wines Greenwich March 2020
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines: 3 Consecutive days
Tuesday for three sessions starting 24th March 2020
Registration Closes 6th March 2020
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 certificate and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Consecutive day Courses - who are they designed for?
- We run consecutive day sessions for those who have a busy schedule in London and want to attend the course in a limited time.
- The sessions run for 7 hours, starting at 10:00am and finishing at 5:00pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your evening. At the end of the final day is the exam (final day 10:00am-5:30pm).
- There are 3 full sessions and an exam session, spread out over 3 days.
- 24th March 2020 - Session 1 - Tasting technique, grapegrowing, winemaking, labelling. Intro to grape varieties
- 25th March 2020 - Session 2 - Grape varieties and their main regions
- 26th March 2020 - Session 3 - Italy, Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified wines and the 1-hour Exam. (10:00-5:30pm)
*Course outline may vary slightly each day due to the individualised nature of each of our courses.
What's included in the Course Fee?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 40 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Tue 24th Mar 2020 at 10:00
Duration: 7 hours
Venue: The Mitre, 291 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8NA