8 Week World of Wine Course - Jun - Streatham
The ever popular South London Wine School 8 week World of Wine Course is back in a new location - Streatham Wine House!!
The course is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it! You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess & taste wine like a true professional and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting approx 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary & met some new friends
Course Dates (all Thursdays 7-9pm):
08th Jun - France I - Burgundy & Loire with Intro to Wine Tasting
16th Jun - France II - Bordeaux, Rhone & South France
23rd Jun - Europe I - Alsace, Germany, UK & Austria
30th Jun - Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal
07th Jul - New World I - Australia & New Zealand
14th Jul - New World II - Chile & Argentina
21st Jul - New World III - USA & South Africa
28th Jul - Sparkling & Sweet Wines
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some food are all provided.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings. Courses run throughout the year - more dates announced soon.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Tue 9th Jun 2020 at 7 - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Streatham Wine House 53A Streatham Hill Streatham, London, SW2 4TS