Champagne and Sparkling Wine Tasting with Fish and Chips!
An evening of wine tasting decadence!
This 2 hour evening tasting is all about celebrating some of the world's very best sparkling wines. We all know about the glorious wines of Champagne (and we'll be reminding ourselves with at least two this evening...!), but there are some truly amazing sparklers from just about every corner of the wine producing world.
So we'll try a variety of wines from around the world such as the ever popular and eminently glubbable, peachy Prosecco alongside a top-notch vintage Cava, and a New World Champagne lookalike that will give many of its more illustrious French compatriots a run for their money! We'll compare these with a sparkling wine from the South of England, an area that's building a serious reputation for itself on the international stage, and then we've got something a bit more unusual - a red sparkling wine!
And then to finish off we'll have a delcious course of Fish and Chips! Did you know this was the classic food match for Champagne?
- A tutored tasting of 6 top quality sparkling wines including 2 Champagnes
- Fish and Chips - Line-caught cod, ale-battered, served with triple-cooked chips, mushy peas & tartare sauce
- Learn all about how sparkling wines are made and why Champagne is so special
- Full tasting notes and tips on where to get the best bubbly deals
- Professional ISO tasting glasses
Places limited to 12 so book now! And please let us know about any dietary requests.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 18th Jan 2018 at 7-9.30pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
Venue: The Mitre, 291 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8NA