WSET Level 3 Course Sundays
Sundays for 6 sessions starting Sunday 15th April
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and spirits and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
SATURDAY SESSIONS - WHO ARE THEY DESIGNED FOR?
- We run Sunday sessions for those who can not sacrifice a working weekday
- The sessions run for 7 to 8 hours, starting at 10am and finishing at 5:30pm, which enables you plenty of time to arrive punctually and enough time to enjoy your valued Sunday evening
- There are 5 full sessions (approx every 2 weeks) plus an exam session, spread out over 3 months. This enables you to learn this very challenging syllabus. The final exam day is 10am - 2pm.
COURSE OUTLINE (all Sundays)
- 15th April - Sessions 1,2,3 - Intro, tasting technique, natural and human factors with grape-growing & human factors with winemaking
- 29th April - Sessions 4,5,6 - Whites wines: Germany, Alsace, Austria, Tokaji, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux + Red / rose wines: Bordeaux, SW France, Loire
- 13th May - Sessions 7,8,9 - Red wines: Burgundy, Wines of Rhone, S France, Spain, Portugal, Northern Italy
- 27th May - Sessions 10,11,12 - Central & S Italy, Portugese reds, Premium New World reds and whites
- 10th June - Sessions 13,14,15 - Regional new world wines, Sparkling Wines, Fortified Wines
- 24th June - Exam
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including; Course manual, Study Guide, Specification book and Tasting Card (it is advisable to bring your own notebook)
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 70 wines)
- All course handouts (we have a comprehensive database of past exam papers/practice questions)
- All course tuition
- Examination Papers (Theory Multiple Choice & Written plus Tasting Paper)
You can pay the full amount in advance or pay by installments. For more information on installments please contact Julia on 0208 787 5395 or email@example.com.
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Sun 15th Apr 2018 at 10am - 5.30pm
Duration: 7.5 hours x 5 sessio
Venue: The Mitre, 291 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8NA