Port and Cheese Matching
Prepare yourself for an evening of indulgence on our Port and Cheese tasting!
You may have heard of Port and Stilton as a common combination so now is your chance to find out why this works. But it doesn't stop there! You will also taste your way through 6 luscious ports, while trying different cheeses specifically chosen to match each one. You will also discover how port is made and the different styles available.
Among the ports you will try are:
- White Port - never tried it? It's delicious and despite the sweetness it has plenty of acidity.
- Tawny Port - A good aged tawny is like Christmas in a bottle.
- Late Bottle Vintage - taking its time in the bottle enjoy the richness from this style.
- Ruby Port - The most common of ports, compare with other styles
- Vintage Port - The Créme de La Créme
The price for our Port & Cheese Workshop includes a minimum of six ports and at least six cheeses, presented as a tutored tasting with professional ISO tasting glasses.
The course would also make a great gift for any food lover, and like all our courses is available as Gift Voucher.
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Fri 30th Nov 2018 at 7 - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Mitre, 291 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8NA