Chocolate and Wine Workshop
It would be fair to say that chocolate and wine are probably our favourite gastronomical treats, so to combine them together in this workshop is basically our version of foodie heaven!
As with any other type of food and wine pairing, there are a few basic rules to follow to get the best matches, such as make sure the wine is sweeter than the chocolate and match both in terms of flavour characteristics and concentration.
Chocolate is actually very similar to wine in a lot ways: both are a product of fermentation, you can get different flavours from plants grown in different regions, they come at different levels of sweetness and getting a good quality one is important! So over the course of the evening we will explore several different combinations of chocolate and wine to illustrate just how different chocolates taste with different wines.
Here are some examples of the pairs we will try, although the actual line up may vary from tasting to tasting:
- White chocolate with sweet and frothy Moscato d’Asti
- Milk chocolate with sweet Banyuls Grenache based desert wine
- Low percentage dark chocolate with concentrated Valpolicella Ripasso
- High percentage dark chocolate with robust Bordeaux
- Truffles with an aged Tawny Port
- Caramel chocolate with a sweet Muscat desert wine
- Nutty chocolates with an Oloroso Sherry
- Fruity chocolates with full bodied Zinfandel
The price for the Chocolate and Wine workshop includes at least 6 chocolates with at least 6 wines to match presented as a tutored tasting with professional ISO glasses.
The course would also make a great present for the chocolate and wine fans in your life, and is also available as a Gift Voucher.
Places remaining: 13
Course Date/Time: Thu 7th Dec 2017 at 7.00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Mitre