8 Week World of Wine Course
The ever popular South London Wine School 8 week World of Wine Course is back in October!
The course is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it! You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess & taste wine like a true professional and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting approx 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary & met some new friends
Course Dates (all Thursdays 7-9pm):
4th Oct - France I - Burgundy & Loire with Intro to Wine Tasting
11th Oct - France II - Bordeaux, Rhone & South France
18th Oct - Europe I - Alsace, Austria and England
25th Oct - Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal
1st Nov - New World I - Australia & New Zealand
8th Nov - New World II - Chile & Argentina
15th Nov - New World III - USA & South Africa
22nd Nov - Sparkling & Sweet Wines
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some food are all provided.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings. Courses run throughout the year - more dates announced soon.
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE
The cost for the course is £200. You can pay the full amount up front, or split the cost by paying an initial course fee of £120, plus an additional cost of £10 payable in cash on each night. The page for the split cost is here.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Thu 4th Oct 2018 at 7.00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Mitre