Introduction to wine with lunch & champagne (Saturday Course October)
Our Saturday introduction to wine tasting course is a great way to spend a day learning about wine! Whether you have been to a South London wine tasting before or not this is a fun way to learn about wine in an informal environment. We will go through how to taste wine like a pro, discuss what makes a good quality wine and go through some basic guides to food and wine matching.We will taste at least 12 wines, starting with Champagne, and a variety of reds and whites including some you hopefully will not have tried before. All this and lunch!
The day is from 11am to 4pm - starting with a decadent Champagne aperitif, including a delicious 2-course lunch from the menu at Davy's, and a tutored tasting of superb wines
• Introduction to the World’s major wine regions
• Two-course lunch and a glass of champagne
• Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines!
• New World Wine vs Old World Classics
• Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir & others.
• Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
• How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
• How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
• Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
• The effect of climate on the taste of wine
• Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
• Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Sat 21st Oct 2017 at 11am-4pm
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: Davy's Wine Vaults, 161-165 Greenwich High Rd, London SE10 8JA