8 Week World of Wine Course October Greenwich
The ever popular South London Wine School 8 week World of Wine Course is back in October!
The course is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it! You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess & taste wine like a true professional and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting approx 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary & met some new friends
Course Dates (all Thursdays):
3rd Oct - France I - Burgundy & Loire with Intro to Wine Tasting
10th Oct - France II - Bordeaux, Rhone & South France
17th Oct - Europe I - Alsace, Germany, UK & Austria
24th Oct - Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal
31st Oct - New World I - Australia & New Zealand
7th Nov - New World II - Chile & Argentina
14th Nov - New World III - USA & South Africa
21st Nov - Sparkling & Sweet Wines
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some food are all provided.
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE
The course fee is £199 which can be paid in full or split into £119 deposit, plus an additional cost of £10 payable on each night. Still a saving on booking the 8 weeks separately! To pay by deposit click here.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings. Courses run throughout the year - more dates announced soon.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 3rd Oct 2019 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 hours for 8 weeks
Venue: The Mitre, 291 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8NA