Here some of the questions we get asked most often, and the answers to them.
If you have any questions that are not addressed here please feel free to call us on 0208 787 5395 or email on email@example.com.
Q. Where are the tastings held?
A. Our tastings our held in a number of locations that the course ofr tasting will identify. We use a private room in The Mitre pub in Greenwich. Address is 291 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8NA. We also use Streatham Wine House a minute away from Streatham Hill Station
Q. I have never been to a wine tasting before/I don’t know anything about wine, will I be able to take part/understand?
A. Yes! All of our tastings are designed to be easy to understand, we will talk you through how to taste and all the information you will need to take part. By the end of the evening you will be sipping like a pro!
Q. Do I have to spit the wine out?
A. No. In fact in our experience most people will not spit the wine out! But for those that do want to that is fine as well.
Q. How many wines will I try?
A. All of our tastings will feature at least 6 wines.
Q. Will there be food?
A. We will provide canapé style snacks for everyone, and on our food and wine matching evenings there will be a different food for each wine. There will not be a full meal, apart from on our Saturday lunch courses and our restaurant food and wine matching evenings.
Q. Will you tell me about food and wine matching?
A. Yes, we know this is something a lot of people are interested in, so we will include at least some information about this on every tasting. All our canapés are selected to match the wines on each event to give you an idea of some of the best ways to pair food and wine.
Q. How many people will be on the course?
A. All our courses are for small groups, up to 20. The actual number will vary from week to week.
Q. Will I be able to buy wine at the end of the night?
A. No, we don’t sell wine, but we will tell you where each wine was bought and how much it costs. If you want another drink at the end of the night, we just happen to hold our tastings in the lovely Mitre pub, so you don’t have far to go!
Q. Where do you get your wine from?
A. We source our wines from a variety of shops, from local independents to major high street supermarkets, so that you can see a range of wines that represent the best style and value.
Q. Do you run tastings anywhere else?
A. We run tastings in Greenwich and Beckenham, but can ran private/corporate/training events elsewhere.
Q. Could you organise an event at my home/work?
A. Yes, absolutely. We do lots of private and corporate at various locations. It can either be at venue of your choice or we can source one for you. Get in touch if you would like a specific quote for an event.
Q. I can’t make any of the current dates, can you keep me informed of what will be coming up in the future?
A. Yes, you can either sign up to our newsletter which we send out monthly, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter for updates.
Your personal data is important and there are a range of laws in place to safeguard it (the most important of which is the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”). SLWS is committed to doing its part to protect your personal data and comply with those laws.
In practice, this means that all personal data which we hold about you will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about
• Accurate and kept up to date
• Kept securely
What Information we collect about you and how it is used
You may give us personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site / App: When contacting us we request your name, telephone and email address. This information is used to respond to your request for information on how we can potentially assist with your booked event, corporate or private enquiry. If SLWS is not best suited to assist with your request, we may provide these details to another Franchise Owner within the Local Wine School network.
• Social Media: Information that you provide to us on our Social Media pages, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
• Order details: Information that you provide in relation to an order or a product you have purchased.
• Transaction details: Details of transactions which you carry out with us (whether through our Site / App or otherwise) and of the fulfilment of your orders (such as your intended delivery address and financial details).
We may receive Anonymised Data and/or Aggregated Data from various third-parties and public sources such as those set out below:
• Data from analytics providers, advertising networks (such as Google AdWords / Google Shopping) and search information providers (all of which may be based outside the EU); and
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as PayPal and WorldPay (which may be based outside the EU).
You have a number of individual rights relating to the processing and storage of your personal data. They are as follows:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Withdrawal of consent, erasure, and information access
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to do any of the following:
• To withdraw your consent for activities for which you have previously consented
• To request a copy of the information that we hold on you
• To request the deletion of information that we hold on you
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit to identify you. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide you with a faster, more efficient, and enhanced service.
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how our visitors use our site. This software provides us with information regarding your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect any personal information. We use this information to improve your experience. More information here: www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.