WSET Course Level 1 £145
Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications which are suitable for both wine industry professionals and wine enthusiasts. As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) South London Wine School has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework which is accredited by OfQual
Who should consider studying WSET Level 1?
- The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (formerly known as the Foundation Certificate) is intended to establish the basic skills and product knowledge required in the service and retail of wine; it is ideal for preparing a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- This course is also a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to study in a structured way: the qualification will cover skills such as identifying wine styles, practice of storing and serving wine, and food and wine matching.
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course.
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click on the book to view the Course Specification including sample exam questions.
- Wine Tasting : Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Social Responsibility : A guide to sensible drinking
- Types and Styles of Wine : Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main white grape varieties : Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main black grape varieties : Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines : White: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes
- Red: Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
- Number of Wines Tasted : 12 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials : Students will receive the Foundation Certificate Study Guide
- Course Specification: Those who wish to review the course specification in preparation for the course can view it by clicking on the book above
- Duration of course : 1 day inclusive of examination
- Examination : 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wine (formerly known as the Foundation Certificate) is the ideal starting point for anyone who
Places remaining: 11
Date/Time: 10th Jun 2017 at 10am - 5.30pm
Venue: The Mitre, 291 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8NA