8 Week World of Wine Course
Have you been thinking about learning more about wine but didn't know where to start? Well, our 8 Week World of Wine course will give you the best introduction to wine tasting you could ever want!
Each week we will focus on a different region, tasting at least six wines, discovering what makes each region unique and matching the wines with different foods. You will find out how to pick out the best wines in supermarkets, decipher wine lists in restaurants, and understand the different terms used on wine labels. All the while tasting some fantastic wines and building up your tasting skills!
- France I - Burgundy & Loire; plus tasting skills, aroma tests, understanding wine labels
- France II - Bordeaux, Rhone, South France; plus how wine is made & the use of oak
- Europe I - Alsace, Germany, Austria & UK; plus how to serve wine - temperature & decanting, and the importance of soil
- Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal; plus new regions & wines, supermarket v independents, food & wine matching
- New World I - Australia & New Zealand - the different regions; plus the use of oak, other wine treatments
- New World II - Chile & Argentina; plus the importance of climate & weather
- New World III - North America & South Africa; plus how to store wine & why, common wine faults
- Sparkling and Dessert Wines from around the World plus Champagne - how it's made, difference between Vintage/Non Vintage. Where to buy the best Champagne & lots of food matching
Course Fee Structure:
The course fee is £185. As a way of spreading out the cost, we ask for a £105 payment on booking, and then £10 in cash each evening. Great value and a saving on booking each night separately
What if I have to miss any evenings?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for other South London Wine School courses and tastings.
This South London 8-week Wine Course can also be purchased as a great Gift idea for any occasion.
Read our latest TRIP ADVISOR reviews for wine tastings in London