WSET Level 1 Sake
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications which are suitable for both spirit industry professionals and spirit enthusiasts. As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) South London Wine School has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework which is accredited by OfQual.
Who should consider studying WSET Level 1 in Sake?
- The WSET Level 1 Award in Sake is planned to establish the basic skills and product knowledge required in the styles and process of making sake
- This course is also a good introductory first course for the sake enthusiast who wishes to study in a structured way: the qualification will cover skills such as identifying sake styles, categories of sake and service.
No previous experience of Sake Tasting is necessary to register on this course.
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click on the link to view the Course Specification including sample exam questions.
- SakeTasting: Tasting and describe spirits using the WSET L1 systematic approach to sake tasting
- Sake Service: Learn the different serves for sake and what types of sake are suited to each serve
- Sake production: Learn what sakes are made from and how they are made
- Categories and styles of sake: Learn about the main categories and different styles within each category. Including: Ginjo, Daiginjo, Junmai, Honjozo
- Number of sake tasted: 8 sakes will be tasted as part of the course
- Duration of course: 1 day including examination
- Examination: Multiple choice paper of 30 questions to be completed in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification: All students who pass will receive a certificate suitable for framing and label pin.
We run the Level 1 Sake course when there is demand for it. We are currently building a waiting list for the next course, if you would be interested in attending please register your interest by sending an email to Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org.