WSET Level 2 Spirits
Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications which are suitable for both spirit industry professionals and spirit enthusiasts. As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) South London Wine School has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework which is accredited by OfQual.
Who should consider studying WSET Level 2 in Spirits?
- The WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits (formerly known as the Foundation Certificate) is intended to establish the advanced skills and product knowledge required in the service and retail of spirits; it is ideal for preparing a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- This course is also a good introductory first course for the spirit enthusiast who wishes to study in a structured way: the qualification will cover skills such as identifying spirit styles, categories of spirits and service.
No previous experience of Spirit Tasting is necessary to register on this course.
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click on the link to view the Course Specification including sample exam questions.
- How spirits are made
- The characteristics of the main styles of spirits and liqueurs
- How production methods affect style and quality
- The major global spirits brands
- Tutored tastings of around 40 spirits and liqueurs
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Duration of course - 3 days
- Examination - 50 mulitple choice questions to be completed in 1 hour
- Certification - all students who pass will received a certificate and label pin
We run the Level 2 Spirits course when there is demand for it. We are currently building a waiting list for the next course, if you would be interested in attending please register your interest by sending an email to Julia at email@example.com.