Julia's Wine Blog
We know wine can be a tricky topic to get to grips with, so as a way to help we are writing a series of blog posts covering a variety of topics to get you started!
Click on the link below to be directed to the relevant article.
Discover the 5 things that most people think about wine which are just not true!
- 8 Good Thing That Will Happen If You Sign Up For a Wine Course
Just in case you needed and excuse
- 10 Wines for Summer
What works best for whites, reds and some other recommendations!
- A Little Trip to Alsace
An overview following my visit to the region
- Blind Wine Tasting
Is it time you tested your tasting skills?
- Australia Part 2: Barossa's Old Vines
The oldest Shiraz, Grenache and Mourvedre vines in the world!
- Australia Part 3: Grenache
The next big thing for South Australia
- Battle of the Bottles - France vs New World
France is known as producing some of the best wines in the world - but how do wines from other countries compare?
- Battle of the Bubbles
Champagne vs Prosecco and the rest!
- BBQ and Picnic Wines
As with hot's up, we've got some tips for wines to cool you down!
- Cheese and Wine Matching
An overview of one of our favourite tastings!
Just as complex as cheese and wine matching, and just as rewardin
- Christmas Food and Wine Matching
Haven't thought about what to get for Christmas? We've done the thinking for you
- Craft Beer - The rise and rise!
Beer is big at the minute, and only set to get bigger
- Drinking Trends for 2017
Find out what drinks are going to be big this year
- Drinking Trends for 2018
How are things changing this year?
- Emerging Wine Regions
You know Old World, you know New World, find out what's next
- English Wines
Home grown wines to be proud of
- Forget what you think you know about Australian Wine
Lesson learned on a once in a lifetime trip to Australai
- Happy 3rd Birthday to South London Wine School
Celebrating 3 years of wine tastings!
- Have we reached peak Prosecco?
It's been the go to bubbly for many years but that could change
- Haven't you heard, wine is good for you!
Read about several ways wine is good for your health
- Port: A Guide to the Different Styles
Port is a delicous drink we should all enjoy more, but it can be a hard to navigate the styles
- Sherry: A Guide to the Different Styles
Discover the difference between each type of sherry and what labelling terms to look out for
- Show them you love them - with wine!
Some ideas to make your V-day winederful
- Spring Clean Your Wine Collection
Time for a taste of something new?
- The Ginaissance
There has been a revolution in Gin in recent years. But how did we get here?
- The Beauty of Italy
Italian wines are great, didn't you know?
- The Riesling Revolution
One of the most delicious yet under-rated grape varieties
- There's no place like Rhone
Discover what makes this region so unique
- Top 10 Wine for Autumn Under £10
Not sure where to start with red wines? We're here to help
- The Value of Wine
What do you get for your money? How much should you pay? Find out here...
- Viva Espana!
Flying the flag for Spanish wines!
- What to look for in a good wine
Discover the things that separate the good from the great
- Will computers ever replace wine experts?
Technology can do a lot of things these days, can it also taste wine?
- What makes a good vintage?
Some years are better than others when it comes to wine production
- Why Taste Wine?
What is the difference between drinking and tasting?
And if there is anything specific you want us to write about, feel free to email us with your questions!