Top 10 Red Wines for Autumn under £10
Need a bit of inspiration for some lovely autumnal reds? Then look no further! Here is our pick of 10 reds available now for £10 and under that are sure to please!
1. Porta 6 2015 Lisboa, Portugal, £7.49 (offer price) from Majestic Wine
Rich and fruity red from Portugal. Highly rated on Saturday Kitchen. If its good enough for James Martin, its good enough for us.
2. Anciano Gran Reserva Tempranillo 2007, Spain, £6.74 (offer price) from Waitrose
A wine with a bit of age, this is savoury and smokey, perfect for my the fireplace
3. Gigondas Puech Morny 2015, France, £9.99 from Lidl
Outstanding value for the Chateauneuf du Pape style wine
4. Primitivo di Manduria Archidamo 2015, Italy, £8.95 from The Wine Society
Southern Italy is a fantastic source of rich and fruity bargain reds, this is one of my favourites
5. Viñalba Malbec-Touriga Nacional Reserve 2014, Argentina, £9.99 (offer price) from Majestic Wine
This delicious Malbec is beefed up with some Touriga Nacional from Portugal to give it an extra spicy, full bodied, Port-like quality
6. Tesco Finest Las Hijuelas Carmenere 2015, Chile, £6 from Tesco
A beautiful example of Chile’s speciality grape variety Carmenere. Ripe, silky and fruity
7. Ripasso Valpolicello Classico 2014, Italy, £10 from Marks and Spencer
The Ripasso method adds partially dried grapes to the wine during fermentation for extra richness and concentration
8. Kalecik Karasi, Vinkara 2013, Turkey, £8.95 from The Wine Society
Delicious, warming and spicy. Might not be easy to say, but is certainly easy to drink!
9. Climbing Shiraz 2014, Australia £6.99 (offer price) from Waitrose
Can’t really go wrong with an Aussie Shiraz. Full bodied, yet velvet textured, loads of flavour
10. Rustenberg RM Nicholson 2014, South Africa, £9.99 (offer price) from Majestic Wine
A South African take on a Bordeaux blend. Hearty, warming and comlex.