WSET Course Level 3 £665
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you'll learn
The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal still wines of the world, sparkling wines of the world and fortified wines of the world
How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products.
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual
Important Entry Information: We recommend this course to those who have already completed the WSET Level 2 Wines and Spirits course, as this syllabus assumes that candidates already possess a good basic understanding of simple wine making techniques, key grape varieties and viticultural patterns. However, holding WSET Level 2 is not a requirement to enroll on this course - for anyone who wishes to enter the WSET programme at Level 3 without prior study, we strongly advise them to review the course specification on the WSET website by clicking on the book below. Please also feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the most appropriate course for your needs.
- These are ideal for trade professionals and wine enthusiasts
- There are three x two hour classroom sessions each day, starting at 10am and finishing at 5:30pm with a break for lunch
- There are 5 full day sessions (30 classroom hours) and an exam session, spread out over 3 months. The final exam day is 10am - 2pm
- WSET recommends at least 54 hours of home study in addition to the 30 hours of classroom sessions.
- Sessions 1,2,3 - Intro, tasting technique, natural and human factors with grape-growing & human factors with winemaking
- Sessions 4,5,6 - Whites wines: Germany, Alsace, Austria, Tokaji, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux + Red / rose wines: Bordeaux, SW France, Loire
- Sessions 7,8,9 - Red wines: Burgundy, Wines of Rhone, S France, Spain, Portugal, Northern Italy
- Sessions 10,11,12 - Central & S Italy, Portugese reds, Premium New World reds and whites
- Sessions 13,14,15 - Regional new world wines, Sparkling Wines, Fortified Wines
- Exam Session
Gift voucher to the value of £655. Perfect for the WSET Level 3 Course.
Places remaining: 998
Venue: The Mitre, 291 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8NA